Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers' mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team's focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Intelligence Group at Leidos has multiple openings for Data Scientists to support our customer. You will analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of give target sets and client requests to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze actual and predictable interacting operational activities of give target sets and client requests to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques.
- Devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.), and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines.
- Identify and evaluate standardized methods, models and algorithms to address intelligence problems of limited scale as directed.
- Provide documentation for methods and algorithms use in data science solutions to the client and address outstanding items.
- Must have demonstrated good oral and written communication skills.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
- Bachelor's and/or Masters degree and at least 5 years of relevant GEOINT analysis experience.
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate the results of data science community's methods models and/or algorithms, understanding the meaning, limitations and scope of the results, and translate them into insightful output for data science and/or mission and identifying other applications for use.
- Ability to initiate the efficient implementation of methods, tools, and algorithms using a comprehensive range of technologies.
- Ability to lead work unit proactively addressing and responding to the most difficult data science-related challenges in a timely manner while effectively balancing competing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong writing and briefing skills to educate managers, senior internal officers and the IC.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Strong time management skills.
- Comfortable working independently.
Favorable if you have:
- Prior military service or familiarity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to brief staff officers to affect decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and provide guidance to customer analysts to build effective customer relationships.
Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.